Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Sartorialist: CIty Style Dressing



I found this book on a friends table the other day - I was bowled over Scott Schuman's  take on living style as seen in the great cities of the world.
Making sense of the flood of information we receive it takes experts with a true design sense to give us direction and a sense of style - beyond the moribund and ceaseless change of commercial fashion. Even he embraces fashion and fashionability, Scott extracts trends and ideas as he celebrates the unique attributes of the people he photographs - it is people and their lives that make cities and how they dress and express themselves is what creates interest and the "spoors" of time as it changes  and mutates and leaves it traces on us and our surroundings.
He is quotes in Wikipedia :
"I thought I could shoot people on the street the way designers looked at people, and get and give inspiration to lots of people in the process. My only strategy when I began The Sartorialist was to try and shoot style in a way that I knew most designers hunted for inspiration."
Like many others I have become a fan and peruse his blog regularly to glean insight on how we shape ourselves and thus our surroundings by the choices we make.
The Sartorialist


No comments:

Post a Comment